Senior Development Officer
Reports to: President and CEO
Communio is a nonprofit that consults with churches to equip them with data insights and ministry best practices to foster healthier relationships for singles, those preparing for marriage, married couples, and those in marital crisis. Our goal is to empower churches to become community change agents that can strengthen marriages and families at scale.
The Senior Development Officer’s role is to maximize fundraising revenue to scale Communio’s culture changing mission of strengthening marriages and families. This includes the cultivation of existing prospect relationships, renewal or reactivation of current or lapsed donors, and the building out of a portfolio of new major giving prospects across America.
You will help fuel the passions and interests of philanthropists around Communio’s mission and serve them in making a huge positive impact through their contributions. This position is based in Communio’s Alexandria office in Virginia, but for exceptional candidates, remote work will be considered.
- Identify, cultivate, and manage a portfolio of philanthropists and donors interested in Communio’s mission. A portion of the Senior Development Officer’s portfolio will be existing and lapsed supporters. The largest portion of this role will focus on cultivating a group of pre-qualified prospects.
- Design and deploy individual moves-management plans for engaging and soliciting donors and prospects in a timely manner.
- Assist the President in cultivating and seeking donations from his portfolio of supporters.
- Cultivate City Platform and Church Platform funding to expand Communio’s programmatic influence around the country.
- 5-10 years of professional experience with at least 5 years of demonstrated success in soliciting and closing five- and six-figure gifts in support of a non-profit institution required.
- Deep alignment with the mission of Communio.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply an array of best practices within major gifts.
- Superior communication skills – highly collaborative and entrepreneurial in approach and possesses interpersonal skills necessary for building relationships with various constituents, both internal and external.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability and willingness to maintain frequent travel.
Depending on qualifications. Includes benefits.
Communio is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter and resume to JP De Gance (email@example.com) and Joseph Moser